Today, we will closely examine the Remington RM380 from Remington. The RM380 is a Remington micro pistol concealed carry pocket gun. It is the first new pistol produced at the new Remington factory in Huntsville, Alabama. At first glance, this small, semiautomatic pistol intended for concealed carry may bring into question its functionality. How well does this small pistol work? Let’s explore together in this brand new gun review.
The Remington RM380 Specs and Features
The Remington RM380’s barrel is made of 410 stainless steel. The removable grip is made from glass filled nylon. The quality of Remington materials in general is easy to discern from a hand gun review.
- The Remington RM380 is semiautomatic
- It operates from a delayed blowback action
- It has an aluminum frame
- Caliber: .380 Auto
- The Remington RM 380 does not have an external safety lever
- The trigger has a 7.9-pound pull weight
- The 410 stainless steel barrel measures 2.9 inches
- This Remington micro pistol can hold 6 rounds
- The Rifling Twist Rate is 1:16
- The overall length is 5.27 inches and the overall height is 3.86 inches
- The sights are fixed
- Unloaded, it weighs approximately 12.2 ounces
Pros of the Remington RM380:
- Despite this pistol’s small, compact size, it is comfortable to use. It is a very sleek pistol
- It does not shift around during rapid fire. It has a beavertail grip for individuals who have larger hands. However, it also works well for individuals who have smaller hands
- This micro pistol has a durable, slide-stop lever
- The pistol has a magazine release on each side which is ideal for both left handed individuals and right handed individuals
- This micro pistol is ideal for women and older adults because it only takes a little effort to rack the slide back
- In regards to safety, this pistol has a longer trigger pull as well as internal safety features.
- The grip panels are replaceable so they can be customized to better meet the needs of the consumer
- The rear and front sights are fixed
- The Remington handgun was thoroughly means tested
- This pistol is durable and very accurate
- It is a double-action pistol
- For a gun that is not long range, the RM380 gets decent shots at 10 yards and beyond
- The MSRP is $417 which is a great price for such a solid, compact gun. The price on the open market is anticipated to be somewhere around $350 to $370
- The RM380 is being produced at the brand new Remington facility in Huntsville, Alabama
Cons of the Remington RM380:
- The Remington RM380 has no safety, but you do have to give a fairly tight pull on the trigger. As a result, it is unlikely you will accidentally fire the pistol while removing it from your holster or pocket. However, I can certainly understand some people’s reluctance to use a pistol without a safety.
- The integral sights are rather small. This can make it difficult to line up the sights
- The trigger pull is somewhat long which some users do not like
Our Final Verdict
Over all, we think the Remington RM380 from Remington is a great deal for most gun users. Due to the pistol’s small, compact size, it is a good choice for women and older adults. However, it is a great choice for men as well. This is a solid self-defense pistol that can easily be concealed. It is a pistol that you can feel you have good control over. The RM380 is a significant improvement over the problematic R-51 that Remington released last year. This hand gun review gives the Remington RM380 a strong endorsement. Two pistols up!